Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics
Prof. R. T. Riphahn, Ph.D.
Lange Gasse 20,
BGPE Newsletter: To sign up for the newsletter
and receive information
about upcoming BGPE
courses, workshops, discussion paper
and other events, please send us an Email.
Generally, 25 doctoral students can participate per course.
Preference will be given to doctoral students students in Economics from participating Bavarian universities Augsburg, Bamberg, Bayreuth, Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Erlangen-Nürnberg, LMU Munich (for particular courses), Passau, Regensburg, TU Munich, and Würzburg.
- The BGPE covers their course fee incl. costs of meals (no drinks), and accommodation in double rooms.
- The BGPE does not cover any travel expenses.
- The students are expected to take part in the final exam after the course.
Students from other, in particular non-Bavarian, Ph.D. programs (externals) can also participate if the course is not fully booked and if they pay a fee of 1,000 Euro per person in advance.
- The fee covers the course itself, accommodation in a double room, three meals a day (no drinks), the option to take the exam, and a BGPE course certificate if the exam is passed. The character of the course follows BGPE standards and may differ between courses.
- The fee to be paid by externals must be transferred prior to the course after contacting the BGPE administration. Course admission is only granted after receipt of payment.
Please note that in the event of a commitment to participate and a short-term "no-show", your future application to the same course will be treated subordinately (regardless of the cause).
Note: Presence for the entire course period is also expected for online courses. Not attending the whole course may result in non-admission to the exam.
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg - last change: 12.08.2021 .