Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics
Prof. R. T. Riphahn, Ph.D.
Lange Gasse 20,
BGPE Newsletter: Up-to-date information
about the upcoming
BGPE courses, workshops,
and other events per email. Click here to sign up now!
»BGPE Doctoral Student« status
Outstanding doctoral students from participating Bavarian universities can apply for the »BGPE Doctoral Student« status. This provides them with 1,000 Euro per year for research related expenditures, the opportunity to present their studies at BGPE workshops, and a BGPE certificate after completion of their doctoral degree.
In the following you find all necessary details about the status and the application process:
1. Doctoral students in Economics from the participating Bavarian Universities (Augsburg, Bamberg, Bayreuth, Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Erlangen-Nürnberg, LMU Munich, Passau, Regensburg, TU Munich, Würzburg) can earn the »BGPE Doctoral Student« status as an honors degree if they successfully participated in the BGPE courses in Advanced Macroeconomics, Advanced Microeconomics, Advanced Econometrics (see Courses) and reached an exam score among the best participants (mentioned on the certificate) in at least one of these three courses. The courses cannot be substituted by other courses.
2. Application for the »BGPE Doctoral Student« (including BGPE course certificates, curriculum vitae, university diploma, publication list, overview of conference participation and a 1-2 page description of the thesis project) are collected by the local organizers at the participating universities (see Council).
3. The applications are screened and passed on to the BGPE selection committee. The selection committee chooses the best (about five) applicants twice a year. The closing date for each application round is announced on this site in time. It is possible to re-apply in the next application round if initial applications are not successful.
4. The chosen applicants are invited to present their research at the BGPE Research Workshop (Invitations will be sent at least four weeks in advance). After the workshop they receive the "BGPE Doctoral Student" status based on a council resolution.
5. Connected to the »BGPE Doctoral Student« status is the provision of annual funding of up to 1.000 Euro for expenditures related to research (e.g., data, literature, conference travel) for 2 years, the opportunity to present own research at BGPE research workshops once a year (expenses covered) and a final certificate after receipt of the doctoral degree.
Last update: February 1, 2017.
06.07.2017 The deadline for the next application round is November 30, 2017. Please apply by handing the required documents (see bullet point 2) over to your local organizer (see "Council").
University of Erlangen-Nuremberg - last change: 28.07.2017 .